Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Plastic flowers

My husband bought me flowers the other day! Now it isn’t what you are thinking. It wasn’t living and didn’t smell, but it was my favorite flower non-the-less, and here’s why.
Jack and I often talk about how my tastes change from day to day. And just about the time I convince him to start liking something, like camping, or eating at Subway, I don’t like it anymore. (Now please cut me some slack, I am not TRYING to be disagreeable, or make things complicated, my tastes just change sometimes). Anyway, the other day he brought me my favorite flower. A daisy, on a water bottle! Now I must confess, the daisy is not my favorite flower to look at anymore (I now enjoy calla lilies), but this was my favorite for other reasons! The daisy is the first flower he ever gave to me, and not just one, but a whole bed full of them! That was a very good day. In fact, those daisies are still in a box in the attic! Another reason the daisy is my favorite is because they are also the flower I chose for our wedding. Not as timeless as a rose or as charming as a carnation, but just simple, clean, white daisies. The third reason I love my daisy is because it was so unexpected! I knew he was thinking of me, and for that reason the daisy will always be my favorite, no matter if it isn’t.

7 comments:

big t said...

How can you stop liking to eat at Subway. I wish there was one in my house.

Kami said...

Because Jersey has Wawa!! But trent, there is a subway right down the street from my house if you ever came to visit!

MrsKraft said...

I still have my daisy from your wedding!
And SO over Subway...I agree. Have you tried Firehouse yet?
Drink a Hazlenut Wawa coffee with French Vanilla creamer for me, will ya?

Kami said...

Jen,
Not familiar with Firehouse, but sounds interesting. Sorry, cant do the flavored creamer, go figure, my tastes have changed.

MrsKraft said...

First Daisies, then Subway, NOW CREAMER!?!?!? WHO ARE YOU!?!?!? AHHHH!!!!

Exam Cram said...

In my point of view You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about. And How did you manage to make a blog that as smart as it is sleek?

jennifer anderson said...

women are allowed to change their mind,,,,or,,,be fickle...